Many people are now becoming architects or designers. They work in the following programs: 3Ds Max, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Revit, etc. Their field of activity is directly related to 3D graphics, drawings and volumetric images. It is more convenient to work on a laptop, it is easy to transfer it from home to work and back, and also to use it on the road. Many people use Autodesk software.
In this article, we will help you identify among the wide range of laptops on the market and choose the model that is best laptop for architect like you.
Criteria of choice for best laptops for architecture students
- Please note that it must be equipped with a powerful video card and processor, preferably a quad-core, so that it does not slow down or freeze. And also with a widescreen IPS display of at least 17 inches, because you have to work with small details. Remember, with such a set of characteristics, it will not be cheap, so decide in advance how much you can spend. Saving is not an option here.
- Considering that you will have to work with large projects, RAM is an important part for multitasking. Usually 8 GB is enough for demanding programs, in particular, if you do not run other applications in parallel. If you work on a project for several hours with eight gigabytes, it can degrade performance completely, so it is recommended to use at least 16 gigabytes.
- The internal memory must be at least 500 GB. Depending on your budget, there are several options for purchasing this type. Of course, SSDs are faster than HDDs. There are many reasons for this: fast speed, less power consumption, easy maintenance. If you purchased a model without a solid state drive, then this will be the best upgrade for it to improve its performance when using a laptop. For an architect, this is an optional condition, you can use a regular HDD. The problem with conventional hard drives is that when you open the same AutoCAD, a web browser and other programs, everything will load rather slowly.
1) The combination of HDD + SDD will let you get rid of all the torment. Usually stores offer ready-made laptop assemblies with 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. Such characteristics are often found from 60,000 rubles and above. SSD is used here as Windows boot, launch of certain programs. The hard drive will be used for other applications and file storage.
2) 500 GB + SSD and HDD: considered the best choice, especially if you plan to purchase a laptop with a 17 inch screen, they usually have many slots for additional disk installation.
- As for the video card , it is one of the important parts for AutoCAD and other programs related to 3D modeling. The most economical option is to use an integrated chip in an Intel processor. But we recommend passing by such models, as they will not cope with the necessary tasks. Your task is to select a separate graphics card from Nvidia GeForce, starting with version 1050, which can be found at a reasonable price. There are video cards on the market called Nvidia Quadro, which are known as professional CAD cards, they allow to ensure the stability of graphics and according to the manufacturer, there are fewer malfunctions.
- Display. Resolution is usually related to the number of pixels displayed on the screen. Everyone would like to have a higher resolution than a lower one. The standard value that can be advised is the display resolution in Full HD, that is, 1920 by 1080. IPS is considered a popular type of matrix. It has excellent contrast and the best viewing angles. This means that if you look at the screen from the side, the colors will remain the same. Brighter laptops will provide a work display when working outdoors or where the sun is shining directly from a window. This item is hard to find in parameters. But we took into account all these points and indicated in the rating only portable computers with good brightness.
6 best laptops for architect in 2022
- Acer ASPIRE 7 (A715-72G)
- ASUS VivoBook Pro 17 N705UD
- MSI GL75 9SDK
- ASUS ROG Strix G731
- MSI GE75 Raider 9SF
- DELL Precision 5540
best laptops for architect
We have reviewed best of best to give you proper selection choice on laptops for architect work and cope with heavy software.
6. Acer ASPIRE 7 (A715-72G)
An aspiring architect will love the Acer ASPIRE 7 laptop. It is also suitable for first-year students. Universities are often forced to work on computers in the building itself, but sometimes they may be asked to complete a task at home. For this, a device has been created that has the following characteristics: Intel Core i5 8300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card and 8 GB RAM. Pre-installed Windows 10. The disadvantage is a weak cooling system, requires the purchase of a cooling pad.
If you are searching for Best Laptops For Oculus Rift here is the guide.
5. ASUS VivoBook Pro 17 N705UD
We start the rating with the second model ASUS VivoBook Pro 17, available for a wide range of tasks. Of the options listed below, it is considered almost budgetary. Quite good performance, created from four cores based on the i7 processor, and the GTX 1050 graphics card. In terms of its configuration, it will delight the future owner. Enjoy fast boot times when using an SSD. The design is made in a strict style without unnecessary elements, the standard keyboard backlighting has also been added. Lightweight and lightweight with a 17 ” screen. Regarding the IPS matrix, everything is at a high level, bright, contrasting colors and a wide viewing angle.
4. MSI GL75 9SDK
Considered the best option when looking for an inexpensive model for an architect. The manufacturer has implemented a fairly good NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card for rendering 3D models. The manufacturer is high thanks to the Intel Core i5 9300H quad-core processor. Surprisingly, the laptop interacts well with the IPS panel and Full HD resolution. On tests, he showed his best side.
Together with the processor, high-quality display and storage capacity of 1,128 gigabytes, this is an excellent option for those who not only study architecture, but also work in their chosen specialty.
3. ASUS ROG Strix G731
Although it belongs to the gaming ASUS ROG Strix G731, it is absolutely reliable and efficient. Having the prefix “gaming”, it can be attributed to the fact that the device can be combined not only to run difficult programs, but also after a hard day’s work to relax and plunge into the gaming world. In fact, this laptop has good airflow, has a number of coolers that can maintain a stable temperature under high load. Fashionable design allows you to stand out from the crowd. The specs are: Intel Core i7 9750H 2600 MHz, 1000 GB hard drive, 512 GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics card. There is even Bluetooth, which is considered rare in our time.
2.MSI GE75 Raider 9SF
MSI GE75 Raider 9SF is somewhat similar to the aforementioned device. It differs clearly only in the expanded RAM and the new RTX 2070 graphics card. If you are looking for great performance and do not mind using it where there is a power outlet nearby, you should take a closer look at it. Of course, one cannot do without a drawback, it is a quiet sound, but this problem is solved if you put on headphones separately or connect speakers. A promising device will help you cope with any task.
You may also like Best Laptops For Youtubers.
1. DELL Precision 5540
best laptops for architecture students. Moving on to the winner of the rating, I would like to note its unusual components: an Intel Core i7 9850H processor and a premium Nvidia Quadro T1000 graphics card. Despite its low weight, unpretentious design, it has excellent characteristics that you can indulge in the future. Since its weight is 1.8 kilograms, it is easy to carry it anywhere. This Dell workstation has a good battery life, enough for about three hours of continuous work. There are the necessary ports: two ports USB 3.1 Type A, USB 3.1 Type-C, HDMI, LAN. The amount of RAM is set at 16, expandable up to 64 GB. Considered the best laptop for an architect in 2022.
We hope that this article Best Laptops For Architects helped to sort out all the nuances for selecting laptops to cope with softwares like 3Ds Max, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Revit. If you have additional questions, please contact through the comments, we will be happy.