Traveling around the world is everyone’s dream. Now anyone can buy a ticket and start looking at the wonderful places of our planet. While you’re on the move, we suggest helping you find the best laptops for travel and work. It would seem that you can take any laptop, but this is not entirely correct thought, since such laptops should be light in weight, or rather portable. And if you already have a little experience with iron, then you should understand that with high power, there is not enough battery life. If you are looking for both, then we suggest studying this article.
Here we take a look at the requirements for the best laptops for travelling and working. We’ll end up with the 7 best laptops you can buy and take with you on your trip. Even if these models do not suit you, then you can always choose a good laptop for yourself according to our recommendations.
choosing laptop for travel and work
- A light weight. Since you will be carrying your laptop in your bag, moving around a lot, it would be wiser to take a laptop that is lightweight. Keep in mind that a 15 “laptop will always be heavier than a 13” laptop. Nowadays, heavy laptops are considered to be gaming laptops that can replace regular PCs. We recommend looking at a laptop that has 15.6 inches, which will have some more decent components to boot. If you are dealing with demanding applications (video editor, audio or programming) then it will be a great solution for the job.
14-inch laptops exist and may have a seat. They will have better performance than 13-inch assemblies.
13-inch laptops – will be useful for those who do not use programs such as: AutoCAD, Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas. These laptops are usually taken for everyday tasks or for blogs. In addition, it will be convenient to take it with you on the plane. These laptops fit very easily into backpacks.
There are also smaller screen sizes, but are they worth considering? Yes, 11 and 12 inches are very small. They are called netbooks. It can be placed in a cosmetic bag, but netbooks are not as popular as they were a few years ago, they are considered an endangered species. Now the trend has gone more with two-in-one hybrids. A hybrid is a type of laptop and tablet that folds into a small device.
- Battery life. To use your laptop on the go, you’ll need a laptop with a long battery life. We can say that a good result will be accompanied by five hours of battery life with active use of the Wi-Fi network. Your best bet is to find a laptop with 7 or more hours. But they are not easy to find.
- A lot of free space on the SSD. There are a thousand reasons to use an SSD over a HDD. For travel, an SSD is a great option, it’s fast, lightweight, and consumes less energy. It takes less than a minute to start the operating system. We recommend looking at a laptop with 250 GB, but you can find 500 GB as well.
- When purchasing a laptop for travel, you should understand that you will often be using your laptop during daylight hours. It can be: street, cafe, park. Therefore, the laptop should have a bright screen so that you don’t have to squint to see anything on a sunny day. Therefore, it is not recommended to use a laptop that lacks brightness and contrast.
- Good processor. We usually advise choosing more powerful processors, but they will drain the battery quickly. This is due to the fact that people often ask the question “my laptop slows down, what should I do?” But now this topic is already moving away from the past years, since many laptops can allow enough processor load to cope even with everyday tasks. It all depends on whether you are going on vacation or are planning to do business trips. Of course, you can choose performance and autonomy right away, but then get ready for high costs.
- Availability of required ports. Travelers love to take photos, which means that having an SD card slot is a huge plus. Other ports: USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Type C, HDMI and DisplayPort. This does not mean that the laptop is obliged to have these ports, but if they do, it will be a good sign (how useful is it?).
Best laptops for travel and work
- Lenovo THINKPAD X280
- DELL INSPIRON 5370
- ASUS VivoBook S15 S530UF
- DELL XPS 13
- Apple MacBook Pro 13
- Apple MacBook Pro 15
- ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD
7. Lenovo THINKPAD X280
Nice netbook from Lenovo. Laptops with small inches are already dying out, so have time to pick it up first! It’s only 12.5 inches here. Provides quality performance. A powerful i5 or i7 processor could be dragged into such a crumb. The device weighs 1.13 kg. This is a traveler’s dream! Comparing it with other laptops, we can say in advance that it has good autonomy. The approximate time for surfing the Internet is 8 hours. The assembly includes an SSD, 3 USB ports: 3.0 / 3.1 Type-A and one 3.1 Type-C.
The only disadvantage is that there is only one memory slot.
6. DELL INSPIRON 5370
The model is positioned as completely new. It is offered for purchase without an embedded operating system, a discrete video card, and a LAN port. And this means that there will be only one pluses: it will heat up less, the battery will keep a long charge, low weight, and most importantly, this is the price. Approximate battery life is 6 hours at medium brightness and when connected to a wireless network. Users note that you can safely sit in the browser, watch movies and work, this time is enough. The IPS screen is 13.3 inches and has a high quality Full HD screen resolution. For travelers, a laptop would be a good choice.
Modren user like slim and portable device here is Best Budget 2-In-1 Laptops For Study, work and all purposes.
5. ASUS VivoBook S15 S530UF
A laptop from ASUS has long established itself from a good position and often buyers choose it for the following features: it is very small, thin and has modern characteristics, including an eighth generation processor. The convenience of this laptop is that when you open the cover, the keyboard rises, which later allows you to type, pretending that you have a stand. The model has a 15-inch screen. It will be difficult for him with games, but for work – an excellent and irreplaceable solution!
4. DELL XPS 13
DELL XPS cannot be called better than MacBook, as some bloggers were sure of it. But we can confidently say that this is one of the best laptops that runs on Windows. It allows you to deliver a gorgeous performance that’s close to that of a MacBook. This is because the battery life can be up to 10 hours when using Wi-Fi. It is the best result for an ultrabook, with a modern i7 processor and a Full HD display.
If you are not chasing the trend, then this laptop can be recommended. And unlike Apple, this XPS comes with a touchscreen that’s especially travel-friendly. Cons: no HDMI and DisplayPort. Typically these ports are used to connect a laptop to a TV or separate monitor, but an adapter can be purchased if desired.
3. Apple MacBook Pro 13
Apple MacBook Pro 13 is considered the best choice for Mac lovers today. Compared to the MacBook Air, its weight is a little heavier, but despite this factor, it has more power, while still being able to maintain excellent battery life. You can hardly find laptops now that can support an Intel Core i5 processor (2300 MHz) for 10 hours. But if you make the standby mode, then the battery life can last up to 20 hours.
You may also like Best Laptops For Computer Engineering Students.
The MacBook is preferred by travelers. This is due to the fact that Apple knows how to make cool assemblies with an excellent screen and the presence of a trackpad. It’s hard to say how many years it took Windows to achieve this result. This allows you to now forget about using a mouse in most cases. And this is a big plus for any traveler.
This is a great option for any traveler. Here you can make all your dreams come true. A laptop is very convenient to use as a video editing.
2. Apple MacBook Pro 15
The same as the previous model is a great innovation in the 21st century. This time around, the MacBook Pro offers a 15-inch screen that will have better performance, but it will weigh heavier and decrease battery life by a couple of hours. Instead of an i5 processor, an i7 was added to the assembly and the RAM will be 16 GB of RAM. Considering these characteristics, the laptop model weighs only 1.83 kg. If the budget allows, then you will never regret this deal.
if you are student and want Best Laptops For Distance Learning must read.
1. ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD
This model is recommended if you are looking for a portable workhorse that you can take with you. Since the ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GD laptop is not as bulky as gaming platforms, you can easily fit it into your backpack. Like all modern laptops, it has a large SSD capacity. It stands out among the following qualities: there is a good screen (brightness is more than enough, good contrast).
Battery life is average, as the power-hungry Intel Core i7 8750H processor is included, which can draw twice as much power as other i7 processors. Otherwise, we can recommend it for travel, you can not only relax, but also work. It is convenient to use the laptop where there is an outlet, but even without its presence, the battery life is about three hours. It is more performance oriented in our ranking.