Choosing a laptop for a beginner does not seem like an easy task. But we can say that you are in luck today, as Lenovo creates a wide range of laptops in every taste and color. This brand has been around for a long time and many people trust it for its build quality and low cost.
Lenovo doesn’t chase trends. Through this article, you will be able to choose the best Lenovo laptop for students to use for various purposes. You will be able to find out which features and components are included in the assembly to understand which features are more important to you. These laptops can be used by students, business people, or you just want to buy the best Lenovo laptop for yourself.
Criteria for Choosing Best Lenovo Laptop for Students
Now any student will say that it is simply impossible to do without a good laptop. It is necessary to constantly make abstracts, term papers, reports. This requires Word, which is available for Windows. If you can print at any copy center, then printing without a laptop will be difficult.
- The laptop must be portable, which means that it will be easily portable. Imagine going to a lecture or walking into the cafeteria with your laptop. You will definitely need the weight and size of the device to be able to carry it around with you in your bag. Lenovo laptops are considered heavy when compared to Asus, Acer, Dell, or HP. But there are models that can withstand this text, such as the Yoga and ThinkPad Carbon offer some of the lightest laptops around.
- You will need a laptop that can hold a charge all day long. Of course, you can take a charging cord with you, but it is not a fact that you will find an outlet if your battery runs out at an unnecessary moment. Look for a laptop that has a battery life of more than five hours.
- Touchscreens are a great feature that can be found on many Lenovo laptops. However, they can lead to significant battery drain and are indeed more of a luxury than a necessity.
- Be sure to have a USB Type-C port. As you will likely be using USB devices frequently to transfer files from one laptop to another. You will need to share documents with other students. If you can find an inexpensive laptop with a combination of USB 3.0 / 3.1C and HDMI (or mini DisplayPort), then you are very much in luck. If this functionality is not available, make sure you purchase at least 2 USB 3 ports and 1 HDMI / mDP / USB 3.1 Type C port.
Best Lenovo Laptop For Students
- Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga
- Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E490
- Lenovo Ideapad L340-15 Intel
- Lenovo Legion Y740-15
4. Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga
The best Lenovo laptop for students is the ThinkPad L390 Yoga. It is so small and weighs only 1.46 kg and has 13.3 inches. The battery life is around 5 hours and the solid state drive has a capacity of 128GB. It has 4GB of RAM and an Intel Core i3 processor.
First of all, it has the necessary USB and Wi-Fi ports, this is all included in the assembly upon purchase. The laptop is fully tested for endurance. It means that although it looks small, it is clearly not fragile. The touchpad is a little finicky.
Nothing extra. The RAM can always be replaced. The Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga is a chic student solution. Here is the Best Laptops For Architects to work with heavy software and programs of civil engineering.
3. Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E490
Third place goes to the ThinkPad Edge E490, perfect for university. He will be an assistant not only during the session, but also during the study itself. Since students have many pairs, this laptop is the best option. It is lightweight, roomy in a bag and has good components to use the Internet all the time. After purchase, users note the ease when opening the case. You can improve the system in the future as an upgrade by adding new RAM, for example. The only disadvantage is the problematic sound, it is very quiet.
2. Lenovo Ideapad L340-15 Intel
Ideapad L340-15 Intel gets the budget seat. This laptop is one of the cheapest devices. Students will be happy to use it. He can cope calmly with all educational tasks. According to the characteristics of the laptop, it has the following components: an Intel i5 processor, 4 GB of RAM expandable up to 16 GB and an integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 graphics card.
It has both a 256GB solid state drive. The most important thing about this laptop is that it can hold a charge for about six hours, which is a huge plus. But we advise you to always have a charging cord with you just in case.
1. Lenovo Legion Y740-15
The Legion Y740-15 laptop is more suitable for students who like to play after finished pairs. It features a powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card and an Intel i7 9750H processor. We ranked it as the best Lenovo laptop for gaming. It has 32GB of RAM and 2000GB of internal storage for quick games. You must look at Best Laptop Brand In The World to make other choices.
You may like an interesting feature that has become common in laptops, this is a backlit keyboard that will be useful in the dark. The weight of the laptop is decent, weighs about 2.2 kg, and has a 15.6-inch screen. Nowadays, gaming laptops can easily replace desktop computers, as they have good characteristics to run demanding games.
The problem with this laptop, like everyone else, is that it can get hot when you play for too long. But the problem is solved by purchasing a cooling pad.