Do you doubt the current technology and their advancement? I certainly do not. The technology is so powerful now that the latest gadgets and appliances are introduced each year. Similarly, there have been plentiful smart home technologies that are being launched in this technological era. It’s not just TV, mobile phones or a laptop. There are numerous inventions of technology that has surprised the human eye.
The inventions of smart home technologies have made life easier. With just a push of a button, you can open and shut the window shades. Few technologies work by the push of a button, while other work on your voice command. There are varieties of smart home technologies. Some are expensive to buy and some are in-expensive.
Products like push-button fan and lamps are somewhat in-expensive to buy. While on the other side, night vision cameras and other high tech products are a bit expensive to purchase. There are wide ranges of smart home technology products that are commonly used these days. Let’s discuss what are the smart home technology products that are now being commonly used at home.
You may also like Best Smart Home System.
Best SMART HOME TECHNOLOGIES
- ARLO Q
- PHILIPS HUE WHITE A19 STARTER KIT
- AUGUST WI-FI SMART LOCK
- NEST PROTECT
- NEST HELLO
- CHAMBERLAIN MYQ
- SHARK ION R85
- WEMO MINI
8 Best SMART HOME TECHNOLOGIES
The following are some smart home technologies that are useful in the current technological era:
1. ARLO Q
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Stream live video 24/7 and watch past recordings in sharp 1080p HD resolution from anywhere in the world using your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Built in mic and speaker enable two way communication so you can listen in and talk back.Field of view:130 degree
This is one of the best home security cameras in the current era. Arlo Q has an excellent video quality as compared to other home security cameras. The device has an immense storage facility along with a variety of exciting features. A device is built in a way that it gives a clear result both at day and the night. There is hardly any home security camera that results in perfect 24/7. It is one of the reliable cameras to monitor the entire home. A camera provides a facility for storing data for a longer period as well. But, this would require a user to subscribe to the relevant plans.
2. PHILIPS HUE WHITE A19 STARTER KIT
- VOICE ACTIVATED: The Philips Hue White 4-Pack Smart Bulb Starter Kit works with Alexa for voice control (smart hub required and included, Alexa device sold separately)
- AUTOMATE YOUR SMART HOME: Enhance your home with soft white smart lighting, controlled remotely wherever you are. Automate your lighting experience with the Philips Hue App, and ensure you never come home to a dark house
- TAKE CONTROL: Each kit contains 4 Philips Hue White A19 60W Energy Star Certified LED Smart bulbs (able to fit most lamps, overhead lights, and 4-inch recessed cans ); Philips Hue Hub that can reliably control up to 50 Hue lights without slowing your WiFi; three-year warrantee
When it comes to smart light bulbs, Philips Hue White Starter Kit is one of the finest products in the market. There is no comparison of Philips White Kit with other light bulbs. A product has a lot to offer to its customers. A single kit consists of two bulbs. The product has provided a facility to adjust the brightness as per a customer’s need. But, there is no such facility to change the bulb’s colour. Several assignment help providers have written an article on the benefits of Philips Hue White Kit. This is one of the reliable and inexpensive technologies. If you are deciding to make a home a smart home then Philips Kit would not disappoint you.
3. AUGUST WI-FI SMART LOCK
- A key that works everywhere. Lock the front door. And unlock it. From anywhere.
- Connected right out of the box. August Wi-Fi Smart Lock requires no additional bridge to connect to Wi-Fi, so you get full voice and remote access functionality without the fuss. Requires 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Upgrade your existing lock. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt on the inside of your door - so you can continue to use your existing keys.
August Wi-Fi is one of the reliable smart locks a user could experience. A device is not complicated and it is easy to use for everyone. The best part of August Smart Lock is that it is smaller in size. Smart lock provides the facility of built-in Wi-Fi for its users. A device has an easy installation system along with numerous built-in features. One of the vital features is DoorSense. This feature informs you when the door is left open.
4. NEST PROTECT
- Designed in USA
- Phone Alerts: Nest Protect sends you a message when there’s a problem or the batteries run low.
- Smoke and CO Locator: Nest Protect speaks up if there’s smoke or CO and tells you where it is, so you know what to do.
- Detects CO: Carbon monoxide is an invisible, poisonous gas. Nest Protect tells you where it’s hiding.
One cannot ignore the smoke detector when he is planning to install a smart home device. It is one of the basic requirements of a smart home. However, the Nest Protect is the best option for a smoke detector. A response rate of a device is magnificent. Detector informs you quickly in a situation of danger. An active alarm system would never betray their users. The best point of a device is that it is affordable and easy to install.
Check it out Building A Smart Home From The Ground Up.
5. NEST HELLO
It is one of the useful smart home technologies. Currently, a Nest Hello is one of the finest video doorbells. A device has magnificent video quality. It allows you to recognize the face clearly and easily. That’s why Nest Hello is one of the reputable video doorbells. A smart doorbell offers various built-in features. But, one has to subscribe to Nest plans to avail of the rest of the valuable features. The subscription fee is not expensive. The starting cost is $5 per month. One should go for subscription as Nest offers a lot of precious features for its users. Several homework help websites in gaining knowledge about numerous smart home technologies.
6. CHAMBERLAIN MYQ
- Monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone
- Choose to receive alerts/notifications on your smartphone when you garage door opens and closes
- Works with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors. Compatibility: MyQ smartphone App is available for Apple and Android devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android smartphones and tablets
- Installs in minutes and works with your homes Wi Fi, via the Chamberlain MyQ Garage App
Chamberlain is one of the recognized smart garage openers. It has outranked all the other garage openers. The demand for Chamberlain is increasing day by day. One cannot ignore this useful technology when installing smart home devices at home. It activates your garage door when you give a command from your smartphone. Chamberlain MYQ applies to IOS and android devices. It also indicates a user when the garage door is left open.
7. SHARK ION R85
- Shark has built upon a high performing Robot vacuum to deliver powerful suction, XL capacity, and advanced sensor technology for an incredible solution to everyday cleaning
- Smart sensor navigation 2.0: Advanced sensitivity helps navigate the Robotic vacuum around obstacles and objects to complete the cleaning job
- Download the shark clean app to receive continuous updates, create a cleaning schedule, or start your Robot from anywhere; Voice control available with Alexa or Google assistant
- Xl dust bin allows for minimal interruption while cleaning; Dust bin capacity (qts.): 0.7
This is one of the trustworthy smart home cleaning devices. Shark Ion is a robot vacuum that allows its users to clean the floor with fewer efforts. It is one of the helpful devices to pick the floor dust and pet hairs. Even smaller particles are easily detectable by this precious technology. It can control a device from a smartphone. The best part is that we can also receive notifications on our smartphones as well.
8. WEMO MINI
- Control from anywhere. Plug in a WeMo Mini Smart Plug, download the free app, and control your lights and appliances from your phone and your voice through Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Home Kit. Only needs Wi Fi. No hub or subscription required
- Compact size. WeMo Mini features a sleek new form factor that allows you to stack two Mini Smart Plugs in the same outlet. Minimum System Requirements Wi Fi router, Android 4.1 or higher, iOS 9 or higher
- Schedule automatically. Never come home to a dark house. Schedule the fan to turn on before you arrive. Sync lamps and devices to sunrise, sunset, or pre set times automatically. Note : Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manual and Troubleshooting Steps
When it comes to a smart plug, there is no comparison of WeMo Mini in the market. It is highly recommended by several smart home device users. A plug is easy to use. The size of a plug is wide and thin. But, somehow, you can manage to place two plugs due to its thin size. There is no need for a smartphone in WeMo Mini. It is a bit expensive plug. But, it is essential for every residence. In this modern period, the trend and standard of living have changed completely. Every home wants to install smart home devices. There are numerous smart home devices in the market. Every user has their preferences when he intends to install any of the smart devices. Few people install cheap and affordable devices. The rest prefer to buy the relevant devices. But, each smart device has its benefits and features