Bios is the “firmware” of the motherboard chip. Translated from English “basic input and output system”. It works immediately after turning on the laptop and tests the equipment of the device. Through Bios, you can control the low-level functions of the “hardware”. Sometimes it just becomes a necessity. Do you want to know how to enter bios setup in Asus laptop?
For example, when you need to reinstall Windows, set a boot password for protection, set the laptop to turn on and off by time, and more. Consider the bios input on an asus laptop, which can also have a similar uefi system.
How To Enter Bios Setup In Asus Laptop?
There are at least three known ways to enter BIOS on an Asus laptop. And none of them are of increased complexity. However, the latter option only applies to Windows 10 users.
Enter Bios Setup In Asus Laptop using the F2 key
The first method is accomplished by using the F2 key on your laptop keyboard. So, we do it step by step:
- Turn off the laptop completely.
- We begin to press the “F2” key frequently.
- Against the background of pressing “F2” press the power button.
- We continue to press the key until the main menu Bios or uefi appears.
In some Asus laptop models, one key “F2” may not work, so instead we try to press the key combination “CTRL” + “F2”, just “F6”, “F9” or “F12”. In some cases, it can be a single DEL button.
Check also How To Choose Ram For Laptop?
Enter Bios Setup In Asus Laptop from boot menu
This method is somewhat different in result from the first. This option makes it possible to get not into the BIOS itself, but into its boot menu. Here you can immediately select where the system will dive from. This is done like this:
- You also need to completely turn off the laptop.
- We hold down the “ESC” button (in the upper left corner).
- Click on the power button (“Enable”).
- We continue to press “ESC”.
If everything is done correctly, then the boot menu should appear on the screen. It looks like a list of modules from which the device can boot.
Check it out What Do The Keys Mean On A Laptop Keyboard?
Enter Bios Setup In Asus Laptop on Windows 10
As already mentioned, the third method is available only for entering the BIOS on Windows 10. There are also several options here.
So, let’s look at how to enter bios on an asus laptop through the Windows 10 system settings:
- On the toolbar, go to the “start” menu.
- Find the gear icon labeled “parameters”.
- In the open window, we will find “Updates and Security”.
- Click on the “Restart Now” button in the section called “Special Boot Options”.
- After rebooting, a screen with a blue background will open, on which you will be given a choice of actions. We need to click on “Troubleshooting.
- The “Diagnostics” window will open, in which we select “Additional. parameters”.
- In the window that opens, click on the “Uefi Firmware Options” shortcut.
- We allow the restart and wait for the Bios window to open automatically.
The next opportunity, how to enter BIOS, is based on using the command line:
- Let’s run the command line through “Start” or “Win” + “R”.
- Copy and paste the “powercfg.cpl” command (without quotes).
- We press “Run”.
- This will open the “Power supply” section. You can also get there through the “parameters” in the start menu.
- In the menu on the left side, we find and press “Action of the power buttons”.
- In the first paragraph, click on the line-link “Changing parameters that are currently unavailable.” After that, the lower “shutdown parameters” will be highlighted, where we remove the checkbox from the first item “Turn off fast startup”.
- Click “Save Changes” and restart the device.
- We do it similarly to the list in the “Option 1” section, starting from the fifth point.
Each option has been tested many times. Some of them may work not only on Asus laptops, but also on other brands of laptop computers (Acer, MSI, Lenovo, Dell).