If you are attentive to a laptop, then you know that the laptop needs periodic cleaning of dust and dirt in order for the equipment to work correctly. Our article is about how to get laptop professionally cleaned using different methods and what you need for this.
When laptop need cleaning?
There is no need to wait for the first signs that the equipment needs cleaning. It is recommended to clean regularly. But if the equipment starts to junk, this is a bell that you need to check it for dust.
Cleaning the laptop from dust is needed in such cases:
- If the laptop shuts down by itself. At first, this happens only at the moments of maximum load on the computer – when heavy games and programs are running, when several complex tasks are running. When the situation reaches a critical point, the laptop shuts down at any time, it can log out after boot or during sleep mode.
- Feeling of heating of the case, keyboard or monitor with your hands. If the heating is so strong that you can feel the change in the degree with your bare hands, if your palms or wrists sweat while working on a laptop, then this is a sign that the cooling system needs cleaning.
- Cooler noise during operation. The fan, which is supposed to cool the computer during operation from the inside, is practically inaudible in a normal state. But when a lot of dust gets into the cooler, it has to work at the maximum possible acceleration and it hums a lot and can’t cope.
- If hot air comes out of the cooling system, it is also worth not postponing and cleaning the laptop from dust, as this will prevent damage due to overheating.
What tools can be useful for cleaning laptop
Before you clean your laptop from dust, you need to get the necessary tools. Here is a rough list of things that can come in handy when cleaning a laptop from clogging:
- Hair dryer. For cases where there is a little dust in the cooler, you can blow it out with a hair dryer.
- A can of compressed air is an alternative to a hair dryer, suitable for reaching narrow and hard-to-reach places.
- Vacuum cleaner with reverse. If you have a small car vacuum cleaner in which you can blow air back or a stationary vacuum cleaner with a small nozzle, then you can use it to blow out air, since the nozzle in this technique is usually narrower than in a hairdryer.
- Brushes. In order to remove dust from hard-to-reach places, you will need a thin brush with a hard bristle. A professional artist’s brush works well. You can take an old toothbrush and trim off the villi if you don’t have a brush.
- Screwdrivers. Without small Phillips screwdrivers, you won’t be able to open the back cover and clean everything inside. For lack of small screwdrivers, you can use a thin-bladed kitchen knife or any thin-bladed tool – a clerical knife will do. However, this is not the most convenient option; moreover, using a sharp knife is traumatic.
- Bank card or its equivalent (discount card) – thin plastic will help in disassembling some laptop models.
- When disassembling the laptop completely, it is recommended to purchase thermal paste. It is inexpensive and sold at any computer or tech store. If you don’t use it when cleaning your laptop, it will come in handy at other times.
- Napkins, cloth, cotton pads. Any things that can be used to wipe dirty areas. If there is a special liquid for cleaning the monitor, it is better to use it as well. Do not wipe with wet wipes with fragrances, they can leave a sticky, soapy or alcoholic trace, which will negatively affect the assembly and may affect further work.
It’s also worth timing. If you have never cleaned the equipment before, it is better to choose a weekend or a completely free evening for cleaning. Since, depending on your skill, it will take from an hour to 3 hours, you need to be in no hurry and the laptop is not urgently needed for work.
It is better to postpone cleaning if there is not enough time left, as in a rush it is possible to break plastic parts or forget something in the assembly.
It’s also worth choosing good lighting. Ideally – disassemble on a sunny bright day, spreading everything you need on the windowsill and armed with glasses, if your vision is not 100%. If this is not possible, you need to clean the laptop under the lamp.
How to Get Laptop Professionally Cleaned your self
After deciding on the basic details, you can start to ask how to clean your laptop. It is worth saying that the laptop can be cleaned in two ways – with and without parsing. The first one is suitable for serious contamination and only if you are sure that you can properly disassemble and assemble the system.
Dust cleaning without disassembly
The easiest way to remove dust from your laptop is without disassembling it. For light dirt and preventive cleaning, this method is suitable.
In order to clean the equipment from dust without disassembling it, you will need a hairdryer, a vacuum cleaner or a can of compressed air. They will all perform the same function.
To blow out the dust with a hairdryer, you must first turn off the laptop and wait until it has completely cooled down. Next – put it on the edge and bring the hair dryer to the ventilation hole. It is located at the back of most models. Some have them on the side panels of the device.
To purge the computer from dust, you need to put the hairdryer in cold air mode and turn it on at the lowest power for a few seconds. After that, you need to turn off the hairdryer for half a minute and repeat the blowing procedure again. In order for the laptop to clean itself of dust, it is necessary to carry out the procedure at least 5-10 times.
The same applies when cleaning with a vacuum cleaner or compressed air cylinder. A vacuum cleaner with a fine nozzle or a balloon will work if the laptop is ultra-thin and the hairdryer is too large to blow out.
Complete laptop cleaning Professionally
If the question of how to clean the cooler is not solved by a simple purge, it is necessary to carry out a complete cleaning of the laptop, and for this you need to disassemble the computer.
The first rule of thumb when disassembling a laptop is to be careful not to lose any part and memorize or photograph the items that you disconnect from each other. Also, before starting work, it is better to find instructions from a computer and lay out all the necessary tools in front of you.
Disassembly and complete cleaning of the computer goes like this:
- Turn off the laptop and wait until it cools completely.
- Open the back cover of your laptop. If you do not know how to remove the back cover of a laptop, then look at the instructions on the Internet specifically for the model. However, most caps are simply removed after unscrewing the screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
- Find out where the most dust and dirt is. Traditionally, these are the fan blades and the space between the radiator fins.
- Next, pull out the fan, remove the sticker, washer and take out the impeller.
- Wipe off the dust from the blades, if there is machine oil – you can lubricate the shaft with it. After – put the cooler back.
- Use a brush to remove dust from the surface of the battery. You should be especially careful about cracks.
- Pieces that have fallen off after using the brush are best collected with a vacuum cleaner at low power.
- Use a cold air dryer to blow dust off the rest of the elements inside.
- No need to clean small parts with a cloth, cotton or napkins, as well as the motherboard. When they come into contact with rough surfaces, they leave villi that may not be visible to the eye. This creates the risk of a short circuit.
After the work is completed, you need to go in the reverse order. Do not apply pressure when installing components or tightening nuts, as many models have a plastic case that can easily break when pressed.
After completing the assembly, you need to turn on the device and check how it works. It is important to check your hard drives and video card. If the work is done correctly, the laptop will turn on without noise, it will not warm up, and all systems will work and boot quickly.
You may also like Uses Of Laptop In Our Daily Life.
Important! Do not disassemble the laptop yourself if it is warranted. It is better to take it to a professional salon and not pay for it, or pay the minimum guarantee amount.
Features of different laptops models
There are a lot of laptops on the market and each model and company has its own peculiarities in designing and assembling a computer. Even laptops with the same specs but made by different brands may have different designs.
The different type of design affects not only how easy it will be for the user to assemble and disassemble the laptop in order to clean the laptop fan from the inside. The different design type also affects how often you need to do a general cleaning for your laptop to work properly.
The least common thing to clean is a laptop with a side-mounted cooling system. Most often – if there are many ventilation holes on the back cover.
Asus and Acer make it easy for a service worker or user to clean dust from a laptop. In order to get to the source of pollution, you need to remove the back cover by unscrewing a few screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
If you are dealing with laptops from HP, Sony or Samsung, then the user has more difficulty, since for a high-quality cleaning you need to disassemble the laptop system completely. If a laptop of one of these brands is heavily clogged and you do not have the appropriate skills to properly completely disassemble the system, you should take the computer to a service center for cleaning.
You may like Best Tablets With Hdmi Port .
Prevention and advice
In order to clean the laptop not so often and constantly keep it in working order, it is worth using some tips that will help the system not get so dirty and free from frequent cleaning.
- When working on a bed or sofa, do not place the computer on a cloth surface – use a stand or make a makeshift table out of books and blackboards. This prevents dust from accumulating in the upholstery, mattress and duvet from entering the computer. Additionally, this will protect the device from overheating and extend the life of the equipment. If you enjoy working on your bed or in a chair, buy a special table.
- Do not eat or drink at the computer. This habit is hard to give up, but this way you will reduce the risk of tea and crumbs getting inside, protect your laptop from dirt and damage.
- Do not work in a room where repairs are underway or in a place with heavy pollution – subway, reserved seat car, etc. The more dust is in the air, the more likely it is that it gets into the equipment and will have to be cleaned again.
- Do not keep your computer turned on all the time. If necessary, turn it on, and if you leave for more than 15 minutes – activate the sleep or standby mode, turn it off completely – depending on the time when you are not there. This will reduce the number of breakdowns, and also prevent the technician from absorbing dust from the air during work unnecessarily.
- Regularly wipe the keyboard and monitor with a special cloth and liquid for cleaning the screen, and once a month remove dirt with a hairdryer. It is recommended to carry out a general cleaning with disassembly once a year. And then the computer will work for a long time and easily, not overheat and not slow down.