HDMI cable allows you to connect a computer, digital set-top box, home theater to a modern TV. It provides simultaneous transmission of sound and quality images. Modern interface standards allow you to watch movies with Full HD, 4K, 8K, 3D resolution. But it’s so offensive when I tuned in to a full-length film, but there is no sound on tv through HDMI. What to do? We will analyze in more detail the reasons and ways to eliminate them in the article.
HDMI cable For Tv
The modern interface is used in digital television, computers, LCD, plasma, LED screens, game consoles, and receivers.
It supports all necessary resolutions for watching movies and video files: HDTV1080p, 1440p, FullHD, 3D, 4K, 8K. The latter quality is broadcast only through version 2.1.
The standard HDMI cable length is considered to be 3 to 5 meters. Allowed up to 10m. A signal amplifier is required for a longer wire.
HDMI Ethernet versions additionally carry Internet traffic at different speeds. Thanks to the high bandwidth of the cable, digital television maintains high definition and contrast.
A variety of connectors allows you to connect via HDMI not only to TV and PC monitor but also smartphones, tablets, automotive equipment, digital set-top boxes.
Want to Fix Dead Pixel Tv what is the reason.
Cause No Sound On Tv Through HDMI
Through HDMI, sound and image are sent to the TV. There are 19 wires inside the wire, which are responsible for different channels. The sound quality depends not only on the cable but also on the settings of the TV itself, the state of the connectors.
The main malfunctions associated with the broadcasting of audio signals include:
- Quiet playback;
- The appearance of extraneous noise, sound effects;
- There is no sound at all.
In all cases, diagnostics of all components is required: TV, wires, set-top boxes, or PC. But before starting a research, be sure to check the volume level on your TV. Sometimes users simply forget to add it and start immediately checking the cable’s health.
Fixes for No Sound On Tv Through HDMI
When no sound on tv through HDMI, most often causes lie in the following connection elements:
- The wire is damaged. There are creases, bends. Or it was located under heavy furniture.
- The sound on the TV is incorrect. In the parameters, the indicator has been reduced to the minimum value.
- Broken TV speakers. There is interference on any channel and without a digital TV connection.
- Incorrect PC settings when watching movies from a laptop or personal computer.
- Software malfunctions of a digital or satellite set-top box.
Each of the listed malfunctions affects the sound quality. They often lead to complete silence from the TV speakers.
Checking quality of cable
The first thing that can be done if no sound goes to the TV through HDMI is to check the quality of the cable and the condition of the connectors. To do this, it is enough to carefully examine the wire. Make sure there are no damages or creases in it. Then, examine the condition of the connector. There should be no dust, foreign objects, broken elements. It is also worth looking at the integrity of the inputs on the TV. You can clean them with a soft brush. But this must be done very carefully.
After all the manipulations, you can reconnect the cable. And make sure all connectors are in place. If the sound problem persists, check the TV settings.
Setting up TV sound
The reason why there is no sound on the TV through HDMI may be the setting of the TV itself. To check for this problem, do the following:
- Press the “Mute” button on the TV remote. Make sure it has been turned off.
- Go to the menu. Settings – sound. Check the set parameters.
After that, turn up the volume on the TV and check if the error with the sound is gone. If not, we check the video signal source – a computer or digital set-top box.
Problem in Computer settings
When the TV is connected to a computer, the operating system automatically detects the new format for audio and video playback. At the same time, it switches the sound from built-in or connected speakers to television options. But there are system crashes when the laptop does not automatically detect new parameters.
Instructions on how to switch the sound from computer to TV:
- Find the “speakers” icon on the quick launch bar. It is most often located in the lower right corner on Windows7.
- Right-click on it. In the window that opens, select “Sound”.
- Find the Play tab. There will be displayed all devices through which you can broadcast audio files.
- Find your TV model and select it with a tick for “use as default”.
- Save your changes. Replay the movie.
If the TV is not displayed when opening the sound settings, you must click on the empty space of the window with the right mouse button. And select the item “show disconnected devices”. They must contain a TV.
The path to sound settings may change in different versions of the operating system. Login through the Admin Panel or Control Panel is allowed. But in any case, you need to find the sound settings.
Want to know Are 8k TVs Good?
Restarting set-top box
If no sound is reproduced from a digital set-top box or satellite receiver through HDMI on the TV, it is worth restarting the equipment. For this:
- Turn off the set-top box from the remote control.
- Unplug the wire. Wait 5-10 seconds.
- Plug the cable back in and start the equipment.
Automatic channel tuning may start. You need to wait. And check the sound again.
If the restart did not work, you can try to reset the settings of the digital set-top box to the “factory settings”. To do this, open the menu, find the “settings” item. And “reset to factory settings.” If a code is required, enter 0000, 1111, or 1234. Wait for the equipment to restart, wait for the automatic channel settings.
Checking sound quality through other cables
If after all the manipulations, the sound on the TV via HDMI still does not work, try connecting the devices using other cables. For example, a digital set-top box can be connected via the tulips supplied with the equipment.
Remember. If you connect equipment through tulips, you will not be able to watch movies in Full HD or 3D quality. This wire does not have high bandwidth and does not support new protocols for video, audio, film playback.
Is the problem fixed? It means that the cable is broken or you picked it up incorrectly. For example, a DVI to HDMI adapter will not work with a VGA to HDMI input. To correctly select the wire right away, read the instructions for the TV. Recommended interfaces for connecting external equipment are indicated there.
When to buy a new HDMI
The need to purchase a new wire is advisable in the following cases:
- An external examination revealed significant defects;
- The wire is not long enough for a correct connection;
- Broken connectors – bends are visible on them, plugs are broken off;
- Wrong adapter type selected.
In other cases, when there is no sound on the TV when HDMI is connected, it is necessary to carry out diagnostics. And also check if the speakers of the TV itself are working. If they break down, the TV must be taken to a service center.
HDMI audio does not work
HDMI audio does not work, what should I do?
- Check if the connection is correct.
- Turn up the volume on your TV and make sure the Mute button is not pressed.
- Go to PC settings. Select a sound option. And set the desired TV model by default.
- Restart the set-top box by unplugging the power cord. Or reset the settings to factory settings via the receiver’s menu.
- Check the sound quality of your TV without additional equipment.
- Check the integrity of the cable and connectors.
Gradual diagnostics will allow you to identify the error without calling the wizard at home. All manipulations do not differ in technical complexity and do not require highly specialized knowledge. It is worth buying a new HDMI cable or taking the TV for repair to replace the speakers only when you are convinced that there are no other connection faults.