System speed and laptop performance are one of the most important considerations for any laptop user. Achieving an amazing maximum speed performance for a device is possible not only by hardware but also by creating complete order in the laptop system and eliminating everything that slows down its work. Any operating system has a set of tools and a function to implement such cleaning. Below we will discuss How To Speed Up Laptop Windows 7.
How To Speed Up Laptop Windows 7?
To speed up laptop windows 7. The first thing you should pay attention to when cleaning is the list of programs in a startup. This is not to say that this is the main action, but on the other hand, the revision of the software in the startup makes its positive result in speeding up the operation of the operating system. By eliminating unnecessary software that loaded the system at its startup, we partially give the OS more free resources to fully perform other important tasks.
To clean up startup, you need to implement the following sequence of actions:
- Open the command line and do it using the “Win”+”R” key combination.
- Copy the line “mconfig” into the corresponding search string, excluding the quotes.
- In the open window, select the “Startup” tab.
- We look through the list of existing utilities and find unnecessary ones.
- Right-click and click “disable” in the context menu.
And there is also another way to get into a startup more mundane for an inexperienced user. To do this, press the hotkeys that we press to remove hung processes. We are interested in the combination “CTRL” + “ALT” + “DEL”, which calls the “Task Manager”. Having got here, we perform the above sequence. Here, by the way, it is possible to see how each of the programs loads the processor.
Check it out Best Laptop For Animation
When removing programs from startup, we recommend that you review unfamiliar names on the Internet. The system will react “inadequately” to the removal of important programs. This will not only lead to a decrease in performance but can also cause BSoD (blue screen of death), as a result of which you will have to reinstall the system.
Does disabling services improve performance?
You can improve the laptop Windows 7 performance by eliminating unnecessary services in the process. Recall that Windows services are a list of standard, native utilities, and applications that also differ in autorun, which does not depend on the user. Simply put, this is something that the user practically does not see at work on a laptop, but it negatively affects the acceleration and performance of the device in a certain way.
This is done very simply you just need to go through this instruction step by step:
- We call the command line, as we know from the previous method (“Win” + “R”).
- We register or copy the following command (without quotes) services.msc.
- Next – a valid window will open called “Services”.
- There are many absentee processes running, stopping which optimizes the system.
You may also like How To Connect PlayStation 4 To Laptop?
In 100% of cases, the local services window that opens will contain a large list of services. A common person will easily get confused about what can be turned off and what not. To avoid such questions, there is an exhaustive answer to this question on the Internet in the public domain.
You should not expect from this procedure global shifts in the speed of the laptop, however, this will to some extent give a positive result, which is felt in reality.
How To Speed Up Laptop Windows 7 by removing unwanted Installed programs
We figured out the problems that the developers of the operating system themselves create. Now let’s talk about the obstacles that are created by the laptop user himself. Not to mention the downloaded files from the World Wide Web containing malware that can not only slow down the laptop, but, if possible, cause real damage to the user, let’s talk about manually installed programs.
Agree, each of us at least once in his life installed on a laptop or computer some dubious utility, albeit without viruses, that slows down the laptop. And if there are several of these utilities? Two? Three? Five? Even if there is only one, its presence will load the CPU, RAM and thereby reduce the speed of its work. So, our task is to remove all dubious and unnecessary software.
See also How Many Watts Does A Laptop Use?
To clean the operating system from programs, you need to find the “Control Panel” in the start menu. The simplified search procedure is limited to entering the desired section in the Windows search engine. In the open window, select the service “Programs” and “Remove Programs”. Now, according to the already familiar scenario, select the utility to be eliminated in the list, right-click and press “Delete”. Next, the uninstallation process will be launched, which must be followed.
After such a procedure, the performance of the operating system should increase more impressively.
How do I clean out my laptop to make it run faster?
Programs, services, running processes are all foreseen factors in setting up a laptop for maximum performance, but many users often forget about “hidden” files inside the system, which undoubtedly lead to the slowdown of its work. This type includes:
- Temporary files.
- Cart contents.
- Graphics-generated cache.
- Temporary internet files.
- Delivery optimization files.
Also, this section sometimes includes other types of files that the Laptop can select on its own.
Check it out How To Make Your Laptop Faster Windows 10?
So, in order to clean up the disk, you need to double-click on the “My Computer” shortcut and in the list of existing disks, you need to right-click on the selected device. Further, in the context menu, select the last item “Properties” and in the first tab click on the “Disk Cleanup” button. In the list, mark those folders and files that will be cleared and click “Clear”. The procedure will take some time – it will depend on the total weight of all data.
This step brings the user even closer to fully increasing the speed of the laptop.
The system drive is the drive that stores all the operating system files. Usually, one HHD is divided into two parts, for example, the C drive and the D drive. According to an unspoken rule, 20-30 GB is allocated to the C drive, especially for storing the system and installed software. According to the standard, all new files on the Laptop will be saved on the system drive, up to shortcuts on the desktop. Until the user independently makes his own changes to such settings.
Excessive clutter on this disk also slows down Windows. Therefore, it is recommended to constantly monitor order and cleanliness on it. If this happened and it already stores a lot of unnecessary garbage in itself, then you can clean it in certain places:
- Worktable. Everything on the desktop is on the system drive. It has already been confirmed more than once that a large amount of information on the desktop not only does not accelerate but also slows down the system. This is due to the mandatory indexing of Windows content. Therefore, it is worth removing all unnecessary from the desktop, and the necessary ones too, since all this can be found in the “Start” menu.
- Downloads folder. The second place is where every user has a lot of unnecessary garbage. Oddly enough, the Downloads folder, which was created automatically, is also on the same drive as the operating system. This also affects its performance. Torrent files, unnecessary archives, images, music, installers, and other files – it’s better to either move it to another drive or just delete it. By the way, there are detailed instructions on the Internet on how to configure the browser so that all files are downloaded to another drive.
- Libraries. “Documents”, “Pictures”, “Music”, “Videos” – these folders belong to the native system library. It is generally recommended not to keep anything in them, or at least keep them in order.
See also How To Check Laptop Graphics Card?
Over time the HDD is used, data fragmentation occurs in it. Due to this, the performance and acceleration of the hard disk inadvertently drops, so from time to time it is necessary to perform the disk defragmentation procedure.
By defragmenting the disk – the system redistributes fragments of different partitions of physical media, thereby increasing the sequence of data storage units without gaps.
This procedure is easy:
- Go to “My Computer” and select drive C (or any other).
- Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Properties”.
- Here we find the “Service” tab and in it we press the “Optimize” button.
- Next – highlight the disk on which the clusters are supposedly lost and click on “Analyze”.
- After analysis, the Laptop will display the percentage of fragmented files and inform you about the need to defragment this disk.
- We click on the “optimize” button.
It happens that the defragmentation process takes a long time. In this case, it can be run overnight. For users of devices in SSD drives, it is better not to perform defragmentation, as this will damage the drive.
clean registry with program for speed up laptop
In addition to the usual system lotions, a complete Laptop cleaning and all of the above actions are performed using specialized software. For example, let’s take the popular CCleaner program. It also helps improve the performance of your laptop or computer.
However, in addition to these actions, he will be able to do something that is very difficult to do safely himself – to clean the registry. In order to clean the registry, you need to run the utility and find the “Registry” tab in it. In the open window, set the “birds” in the right places and press the button “Search for problems”. After some time, the program will display a list of problems in the window, which will need to be eliminated with the “Fix” button. The utility will also offer to save a backup copy of this list, which is recommended to be kept.
How to Adjust the Visual Settings in Windows 7 for Best Performance?
This option is rather called a life hack. Anyone understands: the more special effects a Laptop produces, the more load goes to the system and the laptop’s stuffing, in particular. Fortunately, it is possible to turn off all power-hungry effects so that the resources of the laptop are spent on delivering more performance. So, the graphics should be simplified.
Simplifying Visual Settings
You do not need to go into the settings yourself and set everything manually. Windows 7 developers have foreseen everything and this issue is solved by the following algorithm:
- We go to the “Control Panel” and select “System”.
- On the right side of the screen, a button “Change parameters” will appear, which we must click.
- In the open window, find the “Advanced” tab and in the “Performance” section click on the “Parameters” button.
- In the list of operating modes, set it to “Provide the best performance” and click “Apply”.
After that, the Speed Up Laptop Windows 7 should improve significantly.