We’re living in the technological era where it’s hard to imagine our lives without smartphones, tablets, and laptops. They make our lives easier, more comfortable, and allow us what would be unthinkable ten years ago. For example, recently one of my friends asked me which device she should buy: a tablet vs 2-in-1 laptop with touch screen features. It is quite interesting, especially given the fact that there are so many models of each kind on the market, making it difficult to decide which one would be more suitable for you.
tablet vs 2 in 1 laptop
Businesses are modernizing their workforce by providing employees with the most advanced technology around. One of these technologies is 2 in 1 tablet laptops, which are becoming more popular than the conventional laptop. Even though tablets might still be considered more of a luxury than a necessity, they are certainly on their way to becoming just as essential as the laptop. Read pros, cons, differences between Laptop Vs Tablet.
Similarities of tablet and 2 in 1 laptop:
The tablets and 2 in 1 laptops, however, do have a number of similarities. One similarity is their shape and size. They both feature a touch screen display and operate using an operating system such as Windows 8.1 or Android. Tablet PCs that are equipped with detachable keyboards, such as the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, can easily be used as a laptop and when it’s time to leave the office, simply detach the keyboard and use it as a tablet. Another similarity is that they can both hold about 64GB of storage, which is good for photos, videos, songs, and documents.
Both devices also contain front-facing cameras and integrated speakers so they can be used to video chat, take photos or listen to music. Tablet PCs also offer 3G/4G connectivity through mobile broadband for when wireless internet isn’t available. Tablets are lightweight and portable, making them easy to carry with you on the go.
Growing need for mobility: It’s no surprise that more businesses are choosing tablet PCs for the workplace, as they are very practical machines. They are ideal for people who often work outside of the office or spend their working day traveling between sites. Portable and versatile, 2 in 1 laptop and tablet PCs offer a great deal of freedom and convenience to business professionals. However, it’s not always easy to make a choice, as there are many different brands and models of tablet PCs to choose from.
performance between tablet and 2 in 1 laptop:
When you do an online search about the two, the results are quite different. The tablet PCs have a higher performance rate because of their 1.8 GHz processor speed, while 2 in 1 laptops have a better battery life which is up to 10 hours battery life. It depends on your priority for choosing between a tablet and 2 in 1 laptop.
Tablet PCs have a higher performance rate because of their 1.8 GHz processor speed, while 2 in 1 laptops have a better battery life which is up to 10 hours battery life. It depends on your priority for choosing between a tablet and 2 in 1 laptop.
Read out Best Tablets With Stylus.
Pros And Cons tablet and 2 in 1 laptop:
Firstly, it is very light to carry around. It can also be handled easily by one hand. It comes with many advanced features that are suitable for use in office work. Its touch screen function is seamlessly responsive and easy to use. You can simply swipe or tap the screen to perform different functions on the computer without using a mouse. In addition to this, because tablet PCs are equipped with a touch screen function, they can be used in multiple ways such as being flipped around or turned upside down for use in different scenarios.
As mentioned earlier, tablets are lightweight and portable making them very convenient for carrying around on the go. They are also very simple to use and allow you to navigate through your favorite apps or websites with ease. The flexibility of these machines means that they can be easily configured to suit individual needs, for example, some tablets come with cellular connectivity so that they can be used outside of the office without an internet connection.
- high-resolution screen,
- long battery life,
- more storage space,
- wireless capability ,
- active stylus pen with pressure levels between 256 and 2048 makes it perfect for note taking or drawing.
no keyboard or touchpad function, smaller size than 2 in 1 laptop, cannot run heavy software applications compared to 2 in 1 laptops.
Because the majority of them contain an Intel Atom processor and only 1GB of RAM, it is not a wise choice for hardworking business professionals. The applications may be slow to load and will not run smoothly when the operating system is in use, causing frustrating delays. Moreover, they are often quite expensive and do not come with a keyboard. If you need to type out work reports and emails regularly, then you may find that the tablet’s on-screen keyboard takes up too much of your screen, and having no physical keyboard can be quite difficult.
Tablets do tend to have a shorter battery life than 2 in 1 laptops and can be slower because of the size of their screen.
2 in 1 laptop Pros
Firstly, you do not need to buy a separate keyboard for this type of device as it offers a detachable or foldable keyboard that can be attached to the tablet’s side. Users may feel more comfortable typing on a regular-size keyboard rather than a small onscreen keyboard. In addition to this, the multi-touch trackpad makes it easy to use the computer with both hands by moving and clicking objects with just one finger movement.
While both laptops and tablets can connect to wireless internet, laptops offer faster speeds than tablets. Another advantage for the laptop is that it has a larger screen which makes it easier to work on multiple windows at once or view large spreadsheets. Laptop PCs also offer more storage space than tablets as well as DVD drives.
2 in 1 laptop Cons
Although 2 in 1 laptops are lightweight and portable computer that you can carry around easily, because of its thinness and sleek design, it is actually quite delicate. The casing of some products are made of plastic material which damages easily when exposed to physical shock . If you accidentally drop it on the floor or bump into objects, there is a high chance that the computer may be damaged and unusable.
2 in 1 laptop does not have a battery life like tablets do and they can be too bulky to carry around with you on the go, while portability is one of the main benefits associated with tablet PCs.
- heavier than most tablets;
- lacks long lasting battery life;
- offers mediocre screen resolution.
In conclusion, both laptops and tablets offer various advantages that can benefit individuals or businesses. Before you invest in either one, it’s important to consider what your most pressing requirements are as this will ultimately determine which type of machine is the most suitable for your needs.
Price Difference between tablet and 2 in 1 laptop:
It all depends on what your priority is for choosing. If you are looking for a laptop that is suitable for office work with long battery life and good responsiveness, then choose 2 in 1 laptops. And if you need a tablet PC with a multi-touch-screen function and lightweight design, then your best choice will be Tablet PCs.
According to the research, you will spend around $ 400-500 for a regular laptop. However, if you want the 2 in 1 laptop, then you need to prepare your budget for at least $550-$1000 or more. Otherwise, the tablet does not differ much but it is cheaper than 2 in 1 laptop because of its functionality.
Tablet vs 2 in 1 laptop: What’s Better for You?
2 in 1 laptops vs tablets is a difficult question that you could never imagine to answer. Despite the pros and cons mentioned earlier, there are no absolutes when it comes to choosing between tablet PCs and laptops. In fact, many people benefit from owning both machines because each has its own unique advantages.
For example, some people prefer using tablets for their activities outside of the workplace, while reserving laptops for office work where more computing power is required. One of the best ways to make this decision is simply by asking yourself what your primary needs are and how you would most likely use your chosen device. If you’re not sure whether tablet or 2 in 1 laptop is the better choice for you, it’s wise to obtain as much information as possible and make an informed decision based on your own unique set of requirements.
Tablet and 2 in 1 laptop daily uses:
1. Office work: 2 in 1 laptop is your best choice for office work because you can use it as a laptop and tablet PC at the same time with their Bluetooth keyboard cover.
2. For college students: If most of your schoolwork involves typing on a regular basis, then a standard laptop will be the smarter choice because of its keyboard functionality. However, if your schoolwork mainly consists of working on presentations and research projects using PowerPoint or Excel files, then tablets may be more appropriate as they offer larger screens than laptops and more storage space than tablets.
3. Travelling: You need to consider weight and size when choosing between tablet PCs and laptops, so that you do not have problems storing them into your bag before travelling around. If you want a lightweight device with a portable design, then tablets are probably going to be more suitable for your needs.
4. Watching movies: Although many laptops have great viewing angles, they do not have the same high resolution compared to their tablet counterparts. Therefore, tablets would be preferable if you’re planning on watching a lot of videos or movies on your travels.
5. For writers: Tablet PCs tend to include passive styluses as well as active pens with pressure levels between 256 and 2048 which makes it perfect for drawing and note taking purposes . This is why some people like using tablet instead of 2 in 1 laptop because of its wireless capability and better responsive touch-screen function . On the other hand, 2 in 1 laptops usually come with a wireless keyboard to make typing easier.
6. Playing games: A tablet PC is better for your gaming experience because of its touch screen function and larger size, while 2 in 1 laptop does not offer this advantage due to its smaller size.
7. Answering emails: If you prefer tapping or swiping on the screen instead of using a pad or keypad then tablet PCs are the suitable option for you. Meanwhile, if your priority is getting work done quickly with minimum errors, then laptops are more appropriate than tablets PC because you can type easily on their keyboards without looking at letters.
8. Video Calls: If you want to take part in video calls with friends and family, tablets would be your best choice because of their front cameras. On the other hand, if you do not want to become a video call addict and prefer typing instead of talking, then a 2 in 1 laptop is a better option for you because it offers both front and rear cameras.
9. Watching TV: Laptop provides larger screen compared with tablet PCs so that would be your best option for watching TV.
10. For Businessman: In terms of design, laptops tend to be sleeker than tablets PC which makes them a better choice for businessmen as they need a professional look during their presentation or meeting especially when traveling around. Meanwhile, tablets are a great choice for businessmen who prefer taking advantage of its wireless capability and business apps such as email, instant messaging, expense report applications, etc. Also, some tablet PCs are equipped with an HD camera on their front to make video calls easier.
Comparison guide on Best 10-Inch Tablets.
in conclusion, the best device to use depends on your needs. Tablets are designed for those who want a lightweight and portable device that enables you to do a wide range of tasks such as using a stylus pen, watching videos, or playing games. However, laptops are still considered as an essential machine because it offers a larger screen with better resolution that supplements work such