Greetings, readers. Are there any Nikon camera enthusiasts among you? I am sure that they will definitely be found. This article will be especially useful to the “Nikonists”. Today I decided to open a specific topic: Lenses for the Nikon D3200 and Zooming Lens For Nikon D3200, the predecessor D3300 and the next d3100 in the manufacturer’s line.
The mentioned models of photographic equipment are considered the initial amateur ones and remain popular now. They have a relatively low price and reasonable quality. Recommended for beginners.
About camera lens features
Let’s go over the main points regarding lenses for any SLR. When choosing optics, we must understand why we need it, its specific purpose. And also do not forget about the parameters that you must pay attention to when choosing a lens.
- The firm . Famous and popular brands are usually the most reliable, for example, this is Canon or Nikon, specializing in SLRs.
- Aperture . We can say that it shows the power of the lens, its quality. The higher the aperture ratio, the brighter, brighter, more detailed image awaits you. Aperture types include those that have the ability to maximize the opening of the aperture F / 2.8, 1.8, 1.4, 1.2. By the way, this value can be found on the lens itself. Naturally, high-aperture optics are in the price range above average.
- Focal length (in mm). Like aperture, it is written from the outside on the optics.
- Stabilization, or noise reduction . Try to buy a lens with this function, as it significantly improves the quality of the photo, reducing all kinds of blurring and blurring with slight camera vibration.
It should be clarified that not everywhere there are restrictions on the focal length (fixel focus), there is another view in which this distance is variable within certain limits. These are zoom lenses. They are often called universal, because they allow you to shoot from different distances.
It is very valuable among beginner photographers who are just discovering the world of photography and have not decided on the shooting genre. However, in the future, be sure to purchase a fixed lens, it is considered to be better in quality, its price may therefore be higher.
You May Also Like: 10 best mirrorless camera for professional
Zooming Lens For Nikon D3200
Our article is devoted to optics for the Nikon D3200, but I can safely say that lenses are also suitable for subsequent models. For example, for D5100 (D5200, D5300). In the new cameras, despite the same affordable price, the possibilities for shooting video and manipulating the display have expanded, and the camera itself has become more convenient and easier.
Even younger cameras, in order, are more expensive – this is the D7000 / D7100. According to users, compared to the d3100, the picture in them does not differ much in its characteristics, but the equipment has become more ergonomic and faster in operation. The type of lens under consideration is suitable for these models.
Well, let’s not get too distracted – we have a nikon d3200? What lenses are at our disposal? We highlight some of the most popular and necessary:
1.AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105 mm F 3.5-5.6 G ED VR . It was such optics that went to my first Nikon D3200 camera, which I was very pleased with: my lens was both wide-angle and telephoto at the same time. The image stabilizer worked perfectly for him, and the aperture ratio was acceptable – from 3.5, average. Considering that he was a whale (whale), that is, it came in the basic kit with a camera, he served well. In general, the photos on him suited me.
2. AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200 mm F 3.5-5.6 G ED VR II . From time to time, in practice, when I didn’t have quite a bit to “reach” the desired subject, I thought about acquiring this zoom. I think its 200 mm would be useful at certain points. It also combines a wide angle and a long focus, good and stabilization, but a low aperture.
3. AF-S Nikkor 85 F mm / 1.8 G . Let’s move on to fixes. Here, an excellent, but worthy level telephoto lens has proven itself perfectly. In addition to 85 mm, it has a high aperture, which allows you to shoot in poor lighting conditions, while maintaining excellent frame quality. In addition, it is called the best portrait lens for the D3200: you get beautiful bokeh and a clear, expressive face of the model. For those who are not ready to buy NIkkor 85 mm, you can offer the cheaper Nikkor option with parameters of 50 mm and F / 1.8. But in any case, remember: 50 mm is considered the focal length for normal shooting of a person, nevertheless it allows some non-aesthetic distortions. It is better to set the value from 75 mm when planning an individual photo shoot.
4. AF-S Nikkor 35 F mm / 1.8 G . A fast lens will delight photographers. A focal length of 35 mm refers to a wide viewing angle – ideal for photographing the area in all its glory.
That’s basically the whole basic set of lenses that may be useful to the owner of the Nikon D3200 camera. I want to note that all of the listed optics, with rare exceptions, have the ability to switch from autofocus to manual.
Using the focus ring, you yourself can set the desired depth of field for the photo. Usually, the product comes with front and back covers and a hood , which can protect the optics in bright sun and drizzling rain.
You can find a light filter on any lens, if necessary, so immediately look at the diameter of its glass upon purchase.
Also, do not forget that there are other lens manufacturers, such as Tamron, Sigma, Tokina and others, which can also be used in this type of camera.
As for the lenses for these camera models, the ones listed above are the main ones that you may need at the initial stage for Wide Angle And Zooming Lens For Nikon D3200. To consider more expensive and professional models, I think it makes no sense. Over time, when you realize that you want to shoot, master the camera, exposure, composition, and so on, you will decide for yourself what you are missing in terms of optics.